Saturday, September 20, 2008

We have a 3 year old!!

Brooke is now 3 :( My baby is growing up.... so, we made a special day of it. She went with me to play tennis (I know - this was not for her), we went to McD's for her "birthday club" free happy meal, came back to Jeane's Beads and she picked out her purple beads and sat down and strung those little beads with that fine wire while I picked out beads for my Grandmother's necklace (her 89th birthday is this coming Friday the 26th) and started working on mine. We left Jeane's for a little while and went and looked a house down the street from us. Very large house with tons of storage - needs tons of updating though! We went to Jeane's to finish our necklaces and then off to the "Sugar Shack" for the ice cream I had promised. We then went to Safeway to get dinner supplies and then home to cook and eat dinner so she could open those presents and then we finished up with ice cream cake!! I think Brooke had a good day! Without the kids there she wouldn't play in the play area - just ate out there.







I was truly amazed at how well she strung those little beads on that fine wire..... I think she did better than I did!! She really had fun doing this.












So, here is her necklace. It has 2 shades/sizes of purple crystals and a really cool butterfly hanging down. It has the magnetic clasp - very easy for little fingers to do and undo by herself!!

And, here is the ice cream cake - yummy!!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am Brenda. I am a wife. I am mother to 4 children full-time, 1 exchange student, and 1 child part-time. I do drafting for a paycheck and try to have fun in between all the work. I am a child of God and eternally grateful for that!