Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The first week has gone well....

At least from my perspective!! Nikoline arrived here at 9:45pm a week ago - August 14th - at the local airport. Her luggage did not :( So, our first introduction to the area was a shopping trip on Friday to the big city to buy clothes. Finally on Sunday afternoon the bags arrived - minus her I-Pod speakers. It is a mystery where they ended up - they were at the top of her large case. But, the cheese made it! and the cheese slicer (which I learned was invented in Norway) - very nice silver slicer with viking ships in the handle!!


So far we have really enjoyed having Nikki here with us... the pictures she showed me of Norway are just beautiful and I would LOVE to go there some day!!
After one week of being here in the small town without any friends and she is more than ready to start school!! We went to orientation tonite and Nikki was already invited to a birthday party by one of the girls on the Volleyball Team. Looks like she is off to a great start here!! The kids all seemed really friendly at the High School. Jason seems to be making friends also... his friend CJ is in 5 out of 6 of his classes... glad I am not his / their teachers!!
I also got a job this week - it is a long story, but, I will be working for a Civil Engineer doing the drafting!! I will have to learn new software but it is similar to the AutoCAD I have used so hopefully my tired wornout brain will grasp it all quickly!! Brooke gets to go to work with me too. So, one random phone call and I am working again and no longer a SAHM - not sure how I feel about that yet, but, God provided and I won't turn my back on it!! He just needs to give me the ability to do the job now!!

Brooke saw the camera come out tonite and had her pose immediately!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am Brenda. I am a wife. I am mother to 4 children full-time, 1 exchange student, and 1 child part-time. I do drafting for a paycheck and try to have fun in between all the work. I am a child of God and eternally grateful for that!